Panchito and Donald Duck (Mexican style) were found at the Mexico pavillion at Epcot in the World Showcase on my trip in November 06 with my mom. We were staying at the Coronado Springs Resort for a Youth Ministry conference. Since the conference was so weak, bad, lacking, etc we added more days to our park tickets, skipped the conference and played in the parks! The one part of the conference we did participate in was the YES Program. Panchito’s autograph actually came at the same time I had my picture taken with him!
I finally read the official Disney World blog post about the PeopleMover! This makes me so excited because I still call that ride the WEDway PeopleMover even though it’s been named the Tomorrowland Transit Authority since 1994! So now the two blend- “The Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover.”
This is one of my favorite rides at Disney World! I’m not exactly sure why. Maybe because there is hardly ever a line or you can see so many neat things in Tomorrowland or the fact that I rode it with the Y.E.S program a few years ago and learned how it works (with magnets!). But this is one ride I never miss when I’m at WDW.
Other Magic Kingdom attractions I don’t miss are (in no particular order):
1. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin- I love this ride. It’s so fun to see how many points you can rack up! I always reread message boards before we go so I can try to find the targets that are worth more points! Cheating? Maybe!!
2. Space Mountain- I haven’t been on this ride since they redid it recently. I’m looking forward to seeing the changes. I think one reason this ride is “special” to me is because this is where Jonathan and I found out how to fastpass cheat! 😉 I won’t tell…
3. Splash Mountain- I love the details in this ride! The colors, music and characters bring a smile to my face. I love the thrill of the last drop and the quick prayers that I won’t be the one to get soaked! I always leave that ride humming “zip a dee do dah!”
4. The Haunted Mansion- This is a classic. I’ve always liked this ride, the attention to detail, the way the cast members stay in character and the floating ghosts! I love to see which hitchhiker will join us at the end! There are several recent events that have made me like this ride more: I saw a family “win” the night in the castle when they got off the doom buggies and I got to go behind the scenes with the Y.E.S. program I mentioned earlier to see how they use the Pepper’s Ghost effect.
5. The Jungle Cruise- As corny as it is, I love it! I can’t tell you how many photos I have of the same guys climbing up the tree or the elephants squirting water or the rhinos popping out of the water! The jokes by the boat captains crack me up, even if I don’t laugh out loud all the time! I also loved the time JAG got to “drive” the boat! Plus, riding at night is even better than daytime!!
What are your favorite Magic Kingdom rides that are “must dos” when you visit?