One of my goals for 2014 is to have more “Disney Movie Nights” with my family. My plan is to have the family eat a meal that is centered around a Disney movie, have the boys do a craft and end our night watching the movie together. The Princess and the Frog is going to be our first movie night. With Mardi Gras right around the corner, we plan to celebrate Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen!
Here is our plan:
Swamp Water Recipe
1 – 46 oz. Dole Pineapple juice
1- 12 oz limeade concentrate, thawed
1 – 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk (this makes the punch murky)
24 oz. water
24 oz. 7 Up or Sprite
Americolor’s Electric Green Food color
Blue food color
Mix everything together , adding the food coloring until you get the murky green you want. Serve chilled or over ice.
2) Make Mardi Gras masks to wear while we watch the movie!
3) Watch The Princess and the Frog.
|image from movies.disney.go|
After watching the movie, there is still so much to learn about Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen. Did you know…
- Tiana is the first Disney Princess to have dimples?
- Tiana is the first Disney Princess to be of African-American decent and the first to be voiced by an African-American?
- Tiana is the only Disney Princess to come in contact with real automobiles?
- Tiana is left handed?
- Tiana is the first Disney Princess to only have her mother living?
- Tiana wore the most outfits (11) of any Disney Princess in her film?
- Naveen appeared in a GEICO commercial to promote the film?
- Naveen is fluent in French and Italian?
- Naveen is the only Disney Prince to speak with an accent? (and “ribbit!”)
- Naveen is the first Disney Prince to have both of his parents in the film?
- Naveen is the first Disney Prince to have a sibling?
- Tiana is the first Disney Princess to marry twice? (Once to Naveen as a frog and again to Naveen as humans!)