- Last Sunday, I shared three reasons you should use Garden Grocer on your next WDW vacation! Really, you should use them to provide your snacks and food for your trips.
- The Ashton-Drake Galleries has some adorable Disney Princess Dolls that would make a great Christmas gift for any doll collector. See what they have to offer!
- I finally caught up on my Destination Disney quotes on Monday! I shared some thoughts on a quote from Sebastian about children.
- Tuesday brought us Tiggerific Tuesday Trivia! I found some great Thanksgiving Trivia for this week!
- Paul from babystations.com provided a guest post that shared some great information on Things to do in Disney World with a Baby. See if your ideas made the list!
- For Wordless Wednesday, I found an old photo of the Mickey Mouse balloon in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Love it!
- Thursday was Thanksgiving Day. I linked up with Heidi with a Destination Disney quote and then realized I did the wrong quote. 🙁 oh well! I also shared what dad is thankful for at WDW.
What an emotional week. While we had so much fun with Halloween at our house, we were also glued to the TV and internet watching coverage of Hurricane Sandy. We at A Disney Mom’s Thoughts continue to pray for those affected by this horrible storm and hope things get back to “normal” soon. While I didn’t have a chance to read as many blogs as I had hoped to, I did find a few fun things around the Disney community~
Capturing Magical Memories gives us a weekend craft project: Making Your Own Disney Themed Tip Envelopes.
The Magical Mouse Pad shares some creepy Disney facts in honor of Halloween.
Disney on Wheels gives some tips and information about Disney’s Monorail and wheelchair accessibility.
The Magical Blogorail Yellow line shares what they are most looking forward to on their next Disney vacation.
Babes in Disneyland provides a detailed review of the new movie “Wreck it Ralph.“
Here at A Disney Mom’s Thoughts there were several things happening!
- On Monday, I shared some info about healthy dining options for kids at Downtown Disney Restaurants.
- Tuesday provided us with the fun of the Tiggerific Tuesday Hop where I shared more info about the Seven Seas Lagoon Resorts.
- On Wednesday, I posted my “F” photos for Wordless Wednesday with Focused on the Magic (even though Deb was busy with Hurricane Sandy and did not provide a link up). But, Beth at Pursuing the Magic tried her best to link up all the posts!
- On the day after Halloween, I shared some photos and thoughts about how Disney was a part of our Halloween fun!
- Destination Disney was Thursday where I enjoyed sharing a photo to tie into Mary Poppins’ quote!
- My son has been introduced to Shrinky Dinks! We found some Car’s Shrinky Dinks and had a “craft” day on Friday.
- I also had a post on Chip & Co about all the fun things to do at Fort Wilderness– check it out!
While it’s been another busy week around here, I didn’t have much original content! I was able to share a few things passed on to me from Disney and join in on a few blog hops. I did find some great things around the web in the Disney Community though!
- Growing Up Disney is giving away a Disney Surprise Pack! Enter to win!
- Heidi’s Head highlights her friendship with Melissa from Disney on Wheels. What an amazing tribute to a special girl!
- Disney Parks Blog shares the art of pumpkin sculpting and a great vintage WDW trick or treating photo of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- Ryan at Main Street Gazette shares a frozen Jim Beam recipe for a drink from the Food and Wine Festival.
- Focused on the Magic shares awesome Disney Parks Halloween merchandise.
- Latest Digital Scrapbook Kit Release by Capturing Magical Memories focuses on Vintage Hollywood
- Disney on Wheels shares the booths to visit for the perfect brunch at Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival.
- Disney Living reviews a Girl Scout’s troop participation in Disney’s youth group program.
- Disney Details in the new Fantasyland at Disney Photography Blog
- Disney Pin Trading with a Toddler at Capturing Magical Memories
- Healthy Dining Options at Downtown Disney at DISTherapy
- The Boardwalk Villas ~ A DVC Resort at Can Do it Mom AKA Mouse Fan Diane
- Mickey’s Not So Dry Halloween Party at Disney on Wheels
- Music in the Parks at Disney Babies Blog
- Not Even Close to “Wordless” Wednesday at My Dreams of Disney
Well, I’m bringing back my “Thoughts for the Week.” I’m not really sure why I stopped, but I’m going to start back. I’ll share some of the Disney posts I enjoyed over the past week and provide a quick recap of what was going on here at A Disney Mom’s Thoughts!
“What I Want to Experience At Disney”– Magical Blogorail Peach shares the one thing they want to experience at Disney, but haven’t yet.
“Disney Party Boards…Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party” – Disney Donna Kay shares great ideas for hosting your own MNSSHP!
“Pearls From Epcot’s 30th Anniversary Celebrations” – DIStherapy shares a synopsis of The Twilight Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend, the Walt Disney World Moms Panel Fan Luncheon, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, Marty Sklar’s presentation~ Epcot: How it Changed the World, and Illuminations with 30th Anniversary Tag.
On Tuesday, I joined in with the Tuesday Trivia Hop at Magical Mouse Schoolhouse and friends! Do you know where the white beaches at the Poly came from? I also shared a great tool from Your First Visit on choosing the best week in 2013 to visit WDW.
On Wednesday, it was time to link up with Focused on the Magic for the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop. This week’s theme was Disney Architecture.
I finally shared our Day 1 Trip Report from our July trip on Friday. I know I’m waaayyyy late! We also got a response from the letter we sent to Mickey Mouse! See how you can get a postcard from Mickey!
What interesting Disney posts did you read this week? Please share your favorite posts from your own blog or another blog in the comments below!
I hope you all have had a great week! While we spent lots of time outside in this beautiful spring weather, I still managed to find some time to sneak away and write a few articles for my blog and others! Here is a quick recap of what I covered and a few other exciting things around the Disney community!
Monday, March 26, 2012
I joined Amy at Disney Living for her PINspiration Blog Hop for the first time! If you look at my Pinterest Boards, you can see I have lots of things “pinned” but so little time to do any of it! Hopefully that will change and I’ll be able to link up with Amy more often!
I also was featured over at :DisTherapy for her 20 Days to 20 Years celebration of Disneyland Paris’ Anniversary! I wrote about the year 2007 when DRP celebrated 15 years.
Over at Chip and Co, you can read a post I wrote about Easter Sunday Worship at WDW.
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
This Tuesday’s Tip actually comes from my baby brother and an experience he had a few weeks ago on Tower of Terror!! Don’t forget to keep your shirt down!
I also had a post at Chip and Co highlighting 10 free or cheap things to do outside WDW parks!
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Wordless Wednesday features our April Calendar Photo with Focused on the Magic. I chose 2 April Showers Photos for my calendar!
Thursday, March 29, 2012
For the Destination Disney Meme with Heidi’s Head, I wrote about my top 9 characters to meet in the parks. Did your favorite make my list?
Sunday, April 1, 2012
Here is the info about the $100 Disney Giftcard Giveaway from The Disney Moms!
Other Disney News around the web…
- Magical Blogorail Orange shares the one thing they can’t believe they’ve never done at Walt Disney World! What would you add?
- Read a bit of Easter/ Disney History over at Disney Donna Kay!!
- If you’re heading to Disneyland this month, check out PT’s Disneyland Scavenger Hunt!
- Disney Parks Blog shares 5 Adult Things to Do at Disney Parks and Resorts.
I’m still trying to get caught up with all my thoughts from my trip in February. I have several posts started, but can’t find the time to finish and add the pictures. Ugh. Leap Day didn’t seem to help me at all giving me an “extra day!”
A few fun Disney things that happened this week… C-man saw Ratatouille and Princess and the Frog for the first time. He enjoyed Ratatouille but was scared of the Shadow Man in Princess and the Frog. I can’t say I blame him! He’s one of the creepiest villains in my book! I also got my PhotoPass pictures in the mail today! 🙂
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
For my Tuesday’s Tip today I wrote about the path along the Rivers of America from Frontierland to Liberty Square. Do you take this path or the main path? I was told if you’re lucky you can even see the gator that lurks in the waters!
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Disney Icons was the theme for Wordless Wednesday with Deb at Focused on the Magic. I shared several of my Castle shots through the years!
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Heidi at Heidi’s Head brought back the Destination Disney Meme!! Today’s theme was Top 10 attractions. Did your favorite make my list?
Friday, March 23, 2012
I joined my friends on Magical Blogorail Green and posted about the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot this spring. What is your favorite part of this festival?
Other Disney News around the web…
- My friend Mickey from My Dreams of Disney shares a great review of Biergarten at the Germany Pavilion over at The Disney Moms.
- Bruce at A World View, shares exciting details about the new Art of Animation Resort!
- Over at WDW Guru, Kelly let her readers know what she considers to be the 5 Most Common Disney Planning Errors. Have you made these mistakes before?
- If you are considering going to WDW for Easter, think about ordering the Easter Baskets from Disney Floral and Gifts. Visit The Disney Blog for details.
So, I’m late in getting my “thoughts” together. Better late than never, right????
On with the show…
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
I continued my “Tuesday’s Tips” with another tip encouraging guests to not be afraid to ask if you need something special while you’re at Walt Disney World.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Wordless Wednesday with Deb at Focused on the Magic had a fun “Frontierland” theme! See what I chose!
Thursday, March 15, 2012
I wrote a post for Chip & Co. on Thursday covering the “Must Dos for a 4th of July WDW Trip!” What would you add to the list?
Friday, March 16, 2012
I joined Tricia’s Disney Foodie Blog Hop on Friday for the first time with a post on my attempt to try a cupcake at all of the WDW parks during my last trip… see if I was successful or not.
I also wrote a special post remembering my friend “Luke Skywalker” at Rafiki’s Planet Watch for Deb’s Flashback Friday at Focused on the Magic.
Other fun things around the Disney Blogs:
- Beth at Pursuing the Magic, has a great post about “Free Fun with Hats!” This post made me laugh because I made my husband do this on our last trip! 🙂
- Mikey at My Dreams of Disney has started a new series each Sunday called “Disney in Pictures.” He shares his pictures as well as his readers pictures each Sunday! Check it out!
- Jackie at Delightfully Disney shares two of her favorite “Adult Drinks” at WDW. Boy, I wish I could have one of these today! 😉
- Heidi at Heidi’s Head is bringing back the Destination Disney Meme!! I’m so excited! See what the themes are for the next several weeks…
- Melissa from Disney on Wheels shares details about the shopping at “Everything Pop” at the Pop Century Resort. This is my favorite value resort and I love the treasures I’ve found here in the past!