Get a FREE dining plan when you purchase a non-discounted 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way package that includes a room at a select Walt Disney World® Resort hotel and ticket with a Park Hopper® or Park Hopper Plus Option Aug. 21-Sept. 30, Nov. 14-20, Nov. 25-27, Dec. 8-23, 2017 when you book April 24-July 7, 2017.
With this offer, you can enjoy distinctive Disney Resort Guest benefits and amenities – including early access to Disney FastPass+ planning, Extra Magic Hours, complimentary Resort transportation, standard parking and entertaining amenities!
When you stay at a select Disney Deluxe Resort or Disney Deluxe Villa Resort, they get the Disney Dining Plan with a variety of delicious dining options! When you stay at a select Disney Value Resort or Disney Moderate Resort, you get the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan that allows you to enjoy a quick bite!
Booking Window: April 24-July 7, 2017
Travel Window: Aug. 21-Sept. 30, Nov. 14-20, Nov. 25-27, Dec. 8-23, 2017
Excludes the following room types and Disney Resort hotels:
- 3-bedroom villas
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows – Bungalows
- Disney’s All Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Copper Creek Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Additional exclusion for Nov. 14-20, Nov. 25-27 and Dec. 8-23, 2017:
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
Disney Guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels with Magic Your Way Vacation Packages can choose a Disney Dining Plan. The Disney Dining Plans offer guests the opportunity to pre pay for meals throughout their vacation at over 100 locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort. Currently, there are three types of Dining Plans:
- Disney Quick Service Dining Plan: Everyone in your party ages 3+ will receive 2 quick service meals and 2 snacks for each night of your package stay and a refillable mug that can be refilled at any self service beverage island at a Disney Resort hotel.
- Disney Dining Plan: Everyone in your party ages 3+ will receive 1 table service meal, 1 quick service meal and 2 snacks for each night of your package stay and a refillable mug that can be refilled at any self service beverage island at a Disney Resort hotel.
- Disney Deluxe Dining Plan: Everyone in your party ages 3+ will receive 3 meals (table service or quick service) and 2 snacks for each night of your package stay and a refillable mug that can be refilled at any self service beverage island at a Disney Resort hotel.
- Snacks: I think the snack options are my boys favorite part of the dining plan. Some of the many options are: ice cream, popsicles, popcorn, 12 oz. hot drinks, milk or juice, whole fruit, 20 oz. bottle and fountain drinks, bag of snacks.
- Quick Service Meals: Think of this as “fast food” where you order at a counter and find a seat. The quick service meals include 1 entree and 1 nonalcoholic beverage.
- Table Service Meals: These meals are what my boys call sit down meals where a waiter will take your order and bring your meal. Table service meals include 1 entree, 1 dessert, 1 nonalcoholic beverage OR 1 full buffet or family style meal. Breakfast is the same minus the dessert.
- Signature Dining and Dinner Shows: These restaurants offer a more upscale, elegant table service option and require 2 table service meal credits. Currently there are 18 signature dining restaurants and 3 dinner shows. You can see the complete list of restaurants at this link.
- Private In Room Dining/ Pizza Delivery: In Room Dining includes 1 entree, 1 dessert, and 1 nonalcoholic beverage. You will be charged 2 meals for each private in room dining meal ordered.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Items that are more than a single serving (box of doughnuts, jar of peanut butter)
- Items served in a souvenir container (drinks, popcorn)
- Items sold from recreational rental counters
- Items considered to be merchandise (bottle toppers, glow cubes, bottle straps)
- Special dining events offered at certain Table service locations
An automatic 18% gratuity charge will be added to your bill for parties of 6 or more. An automatic gratuity charge may also be added to your bill for items you order that are not included in the Disney Dining Plan (such as alcoholic beverages).
Many of Disney’s Table Service restaurants book quickly, and reservations are highly recommended. You can reserve dining up to 180 days in advance online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE. If you book your trip with me, I’ll be happy to wake up early 180 days prior to your trip to book your reservations for you!
The one and only time I stayed at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn was in the late 1998 when the resort was still new. At the time, I was actually a member of Disney’s Vacation Club. We stayed in a studio villa on the second floor overlooking the Boardwalk and Crescent Lake. Obviously, I was not blogging then, so I didn’t take any photos of our room, the resort or the extra amenities this amazing resort has to offer. Luckily, I was able to find photos from wdwnews.com to use!
|image from wdwnews.com|
This resort was built in 1996 to complete the resorts located around Crescent Lake joining Disney’s Beach & Yacht Clubs and the Swan and Dolphin Resorts. The BoardWalk brought additional entertainment, shopping and restaurants to the area. The BoardWalk Inn has 378 rooms and shares space with the Disney Vacation Club BoardWalk Villas, which is where I actually stayed.
|image from wdwnews.com|
The rooms have either two queen beds or one king bed along with a day bed. There is an armoire with a flat screen TV and drawers for your things. There is also a table and chair and a chest of drawers. Each room comes with a small refrigerator, coffee pot, an ironing board and iron, safe, hair dryer, and alarm clock. All WDW rooms have free WIFI. There is also a private balcony or patio with each room. The bathroom, with the tub and toilet, are separate from the vanity area which has 2 sinks, a full length mirror and plenty of counter space. Portable cribs are available upon request and availability.
|image from wdwnews.com|
There are two quiet pools at the BoardWalk Inn and the must see Luna Park swimming area with a large pool that has a 200 foot water slide called “Keister Coaster.” This pool has a turn of the century carnival theme. At The BoardWalk Inn, you also have access to a business center, concierge services, wheelchair accessible rooms, laundry services, meeting facilities, valet parking, room service, and a 24 hour front desk.
There are many different dining options at this resort and along the boardwalk. ESPN Club is a sports bar, but is appropriate for families with kids too. The BoardWalk Bakery has amazing baked goods and coffee. Trattoria al Forno is an Italian restaurant. Seashore Sweets serves hand dipped ice cream, candy, and cookies. The Flying Fish Cafe serves seafood and steaks. Big River Grille and Brewing Works has beer offerings and burgers. Along the Boardwalk you can find hot dog carts and Italian ice carts. There is also a pizza window for take out pizza.
|image from wdwnews.com|
There is entertainment all along the BoardWalk. You can rent bikes or surrey bikes to ride. You can play carnival games or watch the entertainment along the way such as jugglers, magicians, and more. You can also dance at The Atlantic Dance Hall or enjoy dueling pianos at Jellyrolls.
In addition to the BoardWalk Inn, is Disney’s Boardwalk Villas, which are part of the Disney Vacation Club. These rooms are larger and have a kitchenette or full kitchen and a washer and dryer.
For additional information and details about this resort, see what All Ears has to share!