|Pirates & Princess Party Parade- Magic Kingdom, February 2008|
Welcome to this week’s blog hop with Babes in Disneyland! If this is your first time stopping by, welcome! If you are regular reader, welcome back! Our theme for this week is “Disney Firsts.” If you have a Disney related blog and want to join us, visit Lisa’s awesome web site and link up! I promise we’ll all show you some Disney love!! 🙂
I could go on an on with Disney Firsts. Each trip I intentionally find something new to do. Disney does a fantastic job of keeping things fresh so there is always something new to do, try, see or eat. Today I’ll be sharing some of the “firsts” we plan to experience during our September trip!!
1. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party We ordered our tickets the first day they were available! We are so excited about this party. I have been to the Pirate and Princess party and MVMCP, but MNSSHP will be a first! The next decision will be what to dress as… stay tuned for a future post to help decide this.
2. Tusker House We have reservations for breakfast with the characters at Tusker House this year! None of us have eaten at Tusker House, so we are very excited. I hope they have my favorite Mickey waffles! 🙂
3. Trails End This is another restaurant that will be new to all of us. On our first night, we will spend our time at Fort Wilderness. We have reservations at Trails End and plan on doing the Chip and Dale’s Campfire Singalong and staying for the movie if it will interest a 2 year old!
4. Tri Circle D Ranch While we are at Fort Wilderness, if time allows, we plan to visit the Tri Circle D Ranch petting zoo. C-man would LOVE this!
5. The Plaza Restaurant Another restaurant none of us have visited. I did eat there at Disneyland, but have never been to the WDW location. I hope it is as good as the DL version!
6. Characters in Flight at DTD (if the weather cooperates) This will be a solo flight for me! Mom is scared of heights, so she will stay on safe ground with C-man! That way I’ll be able to take pictures instead of wrestle a toddler.
7. Flag Retreat ceremony at MK I’ve wanted to do this for a while, but it never worked out that we were at Main Street at the right time. This year, I’m making a point to see this ceremony.
8. The Boneyard at AK This will be a stop for the toddler. JAG was always “too cool” to play on a playground at Walt Disney World, but I think it will be perfect for C!
9. No Way Jose at Beaches and Cream On our last trip, I enjoyed a delicious hamburger and fries but was too full for ice cream. This trip, I’ll start with ice cream and if I’m still hungry, I’ll order food!
10. Cman’s first trip on the WDW Railroad Somehow on our December trip, we failed to ride the railroad at the Magic Kingdom and the train to Conservation Station at Animal Kingdom. We did ride the Monorail, so I guess that counts as his first train ride… but I do think he’ll love the trains!!
What are your thoughts? Should I change some of my firsts? Are some of these things overrated and not worth our time? Is there something I should add that may be “off the beaten path?”
The Pirate and Princess Party was a special event ticket similar to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP). In 2004 the cast members at MNSSHP noticed how many of the children attending the party were dressed as Pirates or Princesses. So they spent the next 2 years planning a special ticket event that would be held January- June. The first party was held January 2007 and the last party was held in June of 2008, I believe. The park advertised party dates in late 2008 for 2009, but cancelled the party prior to tickets going on sale. I never heard the reason behind the cancellation.