“Magic Shots” from Walt Disney World’s PhotoPass photographers are always fun for me! However, my husband hates them. He says he always feels like such a fool while they are being taken. Me? Not so much! I love the “surprise” when I see my photos online and get a chance to see what extra shows up in my photo!
At Walt Disney World, they provide the PhotoPass service to all guests. PhotoPass Photographers are located at all 4 theme parks, Downtown Disney and the water parks. These photographers will take your photos and scan your magic band or PhotoPass card to save the images. When you log on to the web site you can view, edit and order your photos. You can also purchase the Memory Maker CD which will have all of the photos on one CD.
Disney Characters and other fun surprises can also be magically added to your photos after they’re taken. Your Disney PhotoPass photographer will help set up the right poses and make it happen with some favorite familiar faces—just ask! With Magic Shots, you can easily enhance your photos for an extra splash of fun.
Here are some examples from our most recent trip at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I took a picture of the PhotoPass guy taking a picture of my son. Then you can see the final product below my shot.
Since my husband “feels like a fool” having these Magic Shots taken, we didn’t get that many on our trip. I also found out right after our trip, literally the day we left, they started adding animation to the photographs.
“With millions of visitors annually, it’s no wonder the Disney parks are among the most photographed places in the United States. On any given day, Disney’s PhotoPass photographers take between 100,000 and 200,000 photos of guests at Walt Disney World Resort. The PhotoPass service allows guests to view, share and order their Disney photos online and create Disney products such as PhotoBooks and mugs.”
When I first thought about writing about my “must have photographs” at Walt Disney World it included the obvious- pictures of my kids, characters, icons, etc. Then I starting thinking about the “must have photographs for Disney bloggers.” That list was quite longer! So, my list today is going to be must have pictures and photograph tips.
For the average family visiting Disney:
- Take pictures of your family in front of each Disney Weenie (park icon).
- Take a picture of the hotel where you’re staying.
- Take a picture of park signs- family members optional!
- Take pictures with characters.
- Take pictures of parades and shows.
- Take pictures after water rides!
- Take pictures on rides if possible.
- Take pictures of places/ attractions that were memorable for your family.
- Take candid pictures and posed pictures.
- Have a photopass photographer take a picture with YOUR camera too.
- EVERYTHING! You never know when you’ll need “that picture” for a blog post!
- Take pictures of each aspect of your resort: parking, lobby, gift shop, arcade, pools, playgrounds, restaurants, your room, room amenities, the outside, the resort sign, etc.
- Take pictures of each shop/ restaurant you visit- inside and outside.
- Take pictures of all modes of transportation.
- Take pictures of cast members in uniform doing their job.
- Take pictures of attractions, signs, queues, fastpass kiosks, wait time signs and while on the attraction.
- Take pictures of ALL food you eat that is purchased from Disney.
- Take pictures of all parades, shows, fireworks and performers.
- Take pictures of the landscaping, plants and benches.
- Take pictures of characters.
- Take pictures of the live animals (birds, etc) wandering around the park.
- Take pictures of as many hidden Mickeys you find.
- Take pictures of seasonal decorations and special events.
- Take pictures of park guests- crowd sizes, crowds exiting/ entering, crowds in ponchos, crowds in line, crowds with strollers, etc.
- Take pictures of your family.
- Have someone take pictures with YOU in them!