One of my favorite “Freebies” at Walt Disney World is The Electrical Water Pageant. This is a free, floating water parade on Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon that runs nightly starting at 9:00pm- or as soon as the 9:00 fireworks at the Magic Kingdom are over. It can be canceled if there are high winds or inclement weather.
The Electrical Water Pageant can be viewed from the following resorts at these approximate times:
Polynesian – 9:00 pm
Grand Floridian – 9:15 pm
Wilderness Lodge – 9:35 pm
Fort Wilderness – 9:45 pm
Contemporary – 10:05 pm
Magic Kingdom (only during extra magic hours)- 10:20 pm
You can also see the parade from the entrance area of the Magic Kingdom near the loading dock for the ferry boats. Check with guest relations or a cast member to inquire about the best area to view the Electrical Water Pageant!
Every trip to Walt Disney World is unique. So many things can change from trip to trip: weather, seasons, hotels, restaurants, party members, special events, etc. But, there are some things that are always constants for our family. Here is a list of our MUST HAVE experiences in the Magic Kingdom, no matter what time of year we visit, who is with us, or what we have planned!
- Make it to Rope Drop… at least once!
- Take our time walking down Main Street USA.
- Eat at least one meal at Casey’s Corner.
- Ride the Peoplemover, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise (preferably at night), Dumbo, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Peter Pan.
- Walk through the castle.
- Eat something Mickey shaped.
- Meet characters.
- Watch at least one parade.
- Watch Wishes!
- Eat a Cinnamon Roll from Main St. Bakery
- Walk the path along the river from Frontierland to Liberty Square.
- Look for Hidden Mickeys.
- Buy at least one toy from the park that we won’t ever play with once we get home!