|Craisin products- perfect snacks for lunchboxes or after school|
When school started last month, that meant packing lunches again. My son might buy lunch from the lunchroom 2 times a month. All the other days we are packing a lunchbox struggling to keep it creative, healthy, and interesting. While I’d love to be a “Bento Box” mom making fun, themed, creative lunches each day, I just don’t have the time or energy! However, I do have a few tips of my own for packing lunches.
- Pack the non refrigerated items the night before and put them in the lunchbox. Prepare and place refrigerated items in the fridge so they are ready to go in the morning.
- If your kids are old enough, let them help make and pack the lunch.
- Keep all of your lunchbox making supplies in one place: zip top bags, cookie cutters, napkins, straws, plastic ware, plastic containers, etc.
- Purchase freezable ice packs with your favorite characters on them to help keep lunch cool. Or freeze small water bottles to keep lunch cool. When the ice melts, it can be their drink.
- Try to have the following items in each lunch you pack:
- Carbohydrates such as bread, crackers, or a pita.
- Dairy food such as yogurt, cheese or milk.
- Protein such as lean meat, peanut butter or hardboiled eggs.
- Crunchy vegetables such as carrots, edamame, celery or cucumbers.
- Fruit such as apples, berries, grapes, citrus, or cranberries!
- Consider packing Ocean Spray Fruit Clusters, Milk Chocolate Craisins or Greek Yogurt Craisins as a healthy, sweet treat in lunchboxes!
- You can always visit Ocean Spray to find tips, recipes and nutritious offerings that will help you become a professional when it comes to packing a lunch.
|Ladybugs on a Log|
Are you looking for that perfect back-to-school snack? Try Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries. As the official fruit snack of Walt Disney World® Parks and Disneyland® Resorts, they’re a tasty, healthy snack that the whole family will love! “Ladybugs on a Log” is one of our favorite after school snacks. The crunch of the celery along with the sweetness of the Craisins mixed with peanut butter is perfect!
|great snacks to carry into Disney parks|