I love this list!! Thanks for hosting Heidi! Today I’ll list my 7 favorite things to do at Walt Disney World outside the parks!! I really enjoy the water parks, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, but I consider them “parks” so I didn’t list them… Here are my top 7, starting with #1:
1. The Campfire Movie and Chip and Dale Sing along at Fort Wilderness. My mom and I found this treasure in 2006 and I fell in love. We tried to go back last September for another movie, but C-man was too tired and ready to head back. I didn’t want to push him! On other trips, the movie selection for the nights we had available were not what we were interested in seeing. It’s hard to convince an 11 year old boy, 3 year old boy and a husband to sit through a “princess movie!”
2. Downtown Disney– shopping, dining and just plain walking around. This is a must on each trip. Many times it’s the first thing we do since we arrive later in the afternoon and don’t want to “waste” a park ticket on half a day. I still want to ride in the Characters in Flight balloon and rent watercraft from Downtown Disney!
3. Resort Hopping. I love to see the different resorts on property. You can do this by resort transportation (buses, boats and monorail) or take your own car. You can do the Boardwalk/ Crescent Lake resorts or the monorail resorts easily in one trip. I think I’ve been to almost all of them, even if I haven’t stayed there. I’m only missing Caribbean Beach, Old Key West, Swan/ Dolphin and Bay Lake Towers. Adding them to my list now…
4. Taking a ride on the Sassagoula River Boat Cruise. We found this treasure on our last trip. Staying at Port Orleans, we took the River Boat from our resort to Downtown Disney. It was so cool to see a different part of WDW. If you aren’t staying at Port Orleans, I suggest you take a bus from one of the parks to Downtown Disney and transfer to the River Boat on the Marketside of Downtown Disney and head to Port Orleans to take part in #5.
5. See YeHaa Bob at Port Orleans Riverside! Bob Jackson is a performer (singer/ piano player/ comedian) in the lounge. But, just because it’s in a lounge doesn’t mean kids can’t come. I would be VERY comfortable bringing both of my boys (ages 3 and 11) to his show. It’s fabulous!!!
6. Resort pools make my top 7 list even though we don’t spend much time at the pool during our vacations! The times we have taken a dip, it’s been so relaxing and enjoyable. Many of the pools are so uniquely themed, it’s fun to visit them even if you don’t swim!
7. Riding the Monorail. This is my favorite “mode of transportation” in the park. In fact, my current ringtone on my phone is the Monorail phrase, “Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!” I do miss being able to ride up front with the driver though… only at Disneyland now.
It’s time for Destination Disney again with Heidi! Thanks for hosting, again!!
This week, our theme is “9 Favorite Characters.” This is a hard one for me (almost as hard as last weeks!). I LOVE meeting the characters. My goal is to one day meet them all… which I know will never happen because some just NEVER come out! Anyway, here are my 9 Favorite Characters that I have met in the parks:
#9 Clarabelle Cow I think I like her because she’s classic and so rare. I’ve only seen her once on all my trips to WDW. Now that she has made a “come back” on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, my youngest even knows who she is!
#8 Esmeralda She is another “rare” character now. I really enjoyed the movie “Hunchback of Notre Dame” and LOVED the stage show at MGM Studios back in the 90s.
#7 Queen of Hearts Part of the reason I like “the Queen” so much is the memory that goes with meeting her! When we met her several years ago, she was so fun to interact with! She wouldn’t just “smile” for a picture, she continued to try to take off my head…
#6 Cruella DeVil Yes, she is mean and she frightens me a bit! She’s a great villain to meet at the parks. Being a “face character” she will interact more with you and talk to you. She NEVER gets out of character and I love to hate her! 🙂
#5 Anastasia/ Drizella Yes, this is technically 2 characters, but it’s hard to find one without the other, so I’m lumping them together. While I’ve met them both to get them to sign my book, I somehow lost the picture, so this parade photo was the best I could do! These two are hilarious to meet! They are just the same in person as you would think after seeing the movie!
#2 Naveen I love the movie “The Princess and the Frog” and Naveen is my favorite prince! He has been the best prince, BY FAR, to actually meet. He is hilarious and I love how he continuously “ribbits” while he’s talking to you! Plus the fact that he offered to let us come back to meet them when my son wasn’t crying made my day!
#1 Mickey Obviously, my favorite character is Mickey Mouse himself! While I’ve met him many, many times, it was the last time I met him that was the most special to me. I told him I was pregnant with this baby before I had even told my own parents!! He graciously took a picture with me while patting “the baby!” (and Minnie’s face is quite priceless too!)
Deb has the cutest ideas and this one is no exception! She is hosting a Thanksgiving Meme where you choose a word associated with Thanksgiving. Then choose one word for each letter in your Thanksgiving word that is associated with Disney.
I chose the word TURKEY since I love eating turkey and dressing and seem to only get it at the end of November and end of December! I have chosen 6 things I’m thankful for at Walt Disney World with my family using the letters in turkey…