Did you know Boma~ Flavors of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge offers free cookie decorating to kids of all ages every afternoon! Head to the restaurant at 1:30 for a 30 minute decorating session. Guests are provided with an animal shaped sugar cookie and decorating supplies such as icing and sprinkles.
One of our favorite FREE things to do at Walt Disney World is to take a ride on one of the many boats. Disney does an excellent job in transporting it’s guests all around the Walt Disney World Resort. In addition to the boats, you can also use buses or the monorail. There are rumors that a gondola system is also being added to connect several Disney hotels, Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Currently, there are several areas where you can utilize the free boat transportation:
- Ferry Boats connect the Transportation and Ticket Center to Magic Kingdom. The ferries begin operating 30 minutes prior to park opening including Extra Magic Hours. They operate until 1.5 hours after park closing, including Extra Magic Hours.
- Boat Launchers and Cruisers are used to transport guests from The Polynesian Resort, Grand Floridian Resort, Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness to Magic Kingdom.
- Friendship Boats carry guests from Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios to the Dolphin and Swan Resort, Beach ad Yacht Club, and the Boardwalk.
- Sassagoula River Cruise is a beautiful ride carrying guests from Disney Springs to Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs, and Old Key West. There is also boat transportation between Disney Springs West Side, Marketplace, and the Landing.
Rider switch is technically a FREE service provided to families while visiting Walt Disney World. You do have to have park tickets purchased to be able to utilize rider switch!
- The Barnstormer
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Stitch’s Great Escape
- Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
- Frozen Ever After
- Mission: SPACE
- Test Track
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Star Tours The Adventures Continue
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Expedition Everest- Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
- Kali River Rapids
- Primeval Whirl
Most people are aware that bottled water at Walt Disney World or any theme park can be expensive. Some people know that you can get FREE ice water at any counter service restaurant at Walt Disney World. But did you know you can get FREE tap water that doesn’t have the “Florida Water” sulfur taste too?
Try getting water from a soda gun instead of a water fountain or soda fountain! You’ll up your chances of finding a soda gun at a bar rather than a restaurant. 🙂
As Maui would say… “You’re Welcome!”
While technically this event does require park tickets, it’s free for guests once you are inside Magic Kingdom Park. This FREE event is the Flat Retreat at Town Square every night at 5:00pm.