I was waiting on a prescription at Walgreens this weekend and had some time to browse the store. Whenever this happens I always hit 2 specific areas first: toys and seasonal. These seem to be the best places to find Disney “stuff.” This time I hit the jackpot!! Too bad it was a week after our trip to WDW. If I had seen all this stuff before our trip, I would have spent way too much money! If you have a trip planned to Walt Disney World or Disneyland before Halloween, I suggest you head to Walgreens to pick up a few extra Disney surprises!
|image from disneyparks blog|
Today is the day Rapunzel becomes the 10th official princess in Disney’s Royal Court! Mulan, Ariel, Aurora, Pocahontas, Snow White, Cinderella, Jasmine, Belle and Tiana will be welcoming her into the group today in London. To help celebrate this big event, several of my Disney blogging friends teamed up together to have a virtual tea party celebration! Jackie, from Delightfully Disney, had the idea and we each chose a princess to “host” our individual parties.
|Tiana’s induction, May 2010
image from my947.com
2 CDs Full of Disney songs ready for the road!! And one awesome playlist to listen to in the room!
- Are You In or Out?~ Aladdin and the King of Thieves
- Baby Mine~ Dumbo
- The Ballad of Bullseye~ Toy Story Sing Alongs
- Be Our Guest~ Beauty and the Beast
- Be Prepared~ The Lion King
- Best of Friends~ The Fox and the Hound
- Boo Bop Bopbop Bop (I love you, too)~ Pete’s Dragon
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight~ The Lion King
- Candle on the Water~ Pete’s Dragon
- Chim Chim Cheree~ Mary Poppins
- Chip ‘N’ Dale’s Rescue Rangers~ Disney Afternoon Songbook
- Circle of Life~ The Lion King
- Cruella De Vil~ 101 Dalmatians
- Duck Tales Theme~ Disney Afternoon Songbook
- The Elegant Captain Hook~ Peter Pan
- Ev’rybody Wants to be a Cat~ Aristocats
- Footloose & Collar-Free/ Bella Notte~ Lady and the Tramp
- Gaston~ Beauty and the Beast
- Go the Distance~ Hercules
- God Help the Outcasts~ The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Gummi Bears Theme~ Disney Afternoon Songbook
- Huakuna Matata~ The Lion King
- Hop Up, Jump In~ Handy Manny, Playhouse Disney
- Hot Dog!~ Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- I Just Can’t Wait to be King~ The Lion King
- I Wan’na Be Like You~ Jungle Book
- I Will Go Sailing No More~ Toy Story
- I Won’t Say (I’m in Love)~ Hercules
- Jessie, the Yodelin’ Cowgirl~ Toy Story Sing Alongs
- Just Around the Riverbend~ Pocahontas
- Kiss the Girl~ The Little Mermaid
- Love is a Song~ Bambi
- Meet Me Down on Main Street~ The Mellowmen (Dapper Dans)
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Theme~ Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
- Mine, Mine, Mine~ Pocahontas
- One Jump Ahead~ Aladdin
- Out of Thin Air~ Aladdin and the King of Thieves
- Part of Your World~ The Little Mermaid
- Poor Unfortunate Souls~ The Little Mermaid
- S.I.M.P (Squirrels in my Pants) ~ Phineas and Ferb
- Strange Things~ Toy Story
- Tale Spin Theme~ Disney Afternoon Songbook
- Under the Sea~ The Little Mermaid
- An Unusual Prince/ Once Upon a Dream~ Sleeping Beauty
- We Belong Together~ Toy Story 3
- When She Loved Me~ Toy Story 2
- A Whole New World~ Aladdin
- Winnie the Pooh~ Winnie the Pooh
- Woody’s Roundup~ Toy Story 2
- You Can Fly You Can Fly~ Peter Pan
- You’ve Got a Friend in Me~ Toy Story
- You’ve Got a Friend in Me (Para el Buzz Espanol)~ Toy Story 3
Disney Bird is hosting a new Blog Hop today… Something About Me Saturday. All of you know I LOVE Disney. Obviously, or I wouldn’t have this blog. But other than that, my readers don’t know a whole lot about me and my family. So I’m going to take advantage of Bird’s blog hop to share a list of 20 my favorite things, hidden “talents” and facts about me!
- I hate to shop. I don’t mind grocery shopping when I have coupons, but I hate to go to the mall and shop for clothes, shoes, bags, etc.
- My favorite TV show of all time is Friends!
- I’ve been watching Days of our Lives (on and off, when my schedule allows) since Bo and Hope got married in 1985.
- I love to sleep and can pretty much sleep anywhere. I’ve slept during an SEC college football game against Alabama and Arkansas, I always sleep on airplanes, and I often sleep through Ellen’s Universe of Energy!
- I’ve only owned 1 dog in my life, Maggie. She is now 11 1/2. It makes me sad to think about how old she is. I’ve owned 6 cats and will most likely never own another one.
- I hate cheese- all kinds. I will occasionally eat cheese on a pizza, but if they can make it without it, that’s what I choose.
- I like to run, but I’m getting too old to do it like I’d like too! My knees and ankles can’t handle the pounding like they once could. I did manage to “run” the WDW full (2003) and half (2008) marathons.
- I was a cheerleader in middle and high school. I still love watching the cheerleaders at games and in competitions on ESPN!
- I love everything there is to love about Auburn University!
- I’m a Boston Red Sox fan and if I had to choose, I’d be a Boston Celtics fan and Pittsburg Steelers fan. I’m a Sox fan on my own, but I pull for the Celtics and Steelers for my husband. I know nothing about hockey, but I’d pull for the Bruins, just because I love Beth Doda! 🙂
- My favorite movie is Grease. The Little Mermaid is my favorite cartoon movie.
- I love Broadway and theatre! RENT is my favorite show- I’ve seen it twice in NYC, once in Atlanta, once in Huntsville and once in Birmingham. I also own the movie and all 3 soundtracks. The show poster hangs in my bathroom.
- Avenue Q is my second favorite Broadway show.
- I can burp like a man- even when I’m not drinking beer.
- Speaking of, I only like domestic, light beer- straight out of the bottle. And I usually only drink a 6 pack in a year!
- I can eat my weight in chocolate- especially Cadbury Cream Eggs at Easter!
- I have a crazy collection of squished pennies from around the world. This obsession started at Epcot! 🙂
- I love my job as a youth minister and I love all my youth like they were my own kids!
- I’m the luckiest girl in the world. My boys are great kids and my husband is the best in the universe!
- Today is my 37th birthday! 🙂
Last month I posted about Disney Enchanted Calls. Yesterday, my friend Sara, sent me a link to another site where you can have a character call your kid… if they are potty training… or if you are wanting encouragement for “pee peeing in the potty” for yourself!
You can have a Cars 2 character or Cinderella call your “Big Kid” as a reward for going potty! You can log on to the Huggies Pullup web site and schedule three calls from the characters to congratulate and encourage your child. You can listen to what the calls will sound like on the web site and then sign up for the call by entering your mobile number and the month, day, time and time zone.