The Blog Manager from Costume Super Center sent me a link to their new infographic on “How To Be A Disney Princess.” This graphic is filled with encouraging messages and colorful content for moms to share with their daughters, and little girls to share with their friends and sisters. It’s times like this when I wish I had a daughter! While the princess stuff at Disney is everywhere you turn, I wouldn’t trade my pirate loving, star wars crazy boys for anything!
For all the Frozen fans who have been trying to get the ever popular Anna and Elsa dresses for your princess, here is your chance! Enter to win a Frozen Giveaway that includes an Anna AND Elsa dress and an Elsa crown and accessory kit! All of these items are official Disney Store products and were purchased exclusively for this giveaway.
The Anna dress with cape is a girls size 5/6. The satin shirt features faux bodice of black velvet decorated with glittering screen art flowers, and edged in gold satin. An Anna cameo highlights the neckline. The detachable cape has a faux fur trim and self-stick fabric fastening. The top skirt is made of organza with a scalloped hem and glittering floral detailing. The underskirt is made of satin and tulle. (Please note, the Anna dress does have a slight tear in the organza top skirt which can be easily repaired.)
The Elsa dress is also a girls size 5/6 and has a bodice of dangling metallic “icicles” edged in sliver metallic “icicles” and covered with organa panel. The neckline features an Elsa cameo. Mesh shoulders and sleeves have an ombre effect and glitter. The attached organza cape glitters with snowflakes. The top skirt is made of organza and the underskirt is made of satin and tulle.
The next item is an Elsa Fashion Accessory Kit. The kit includes a set of coronation gloves, icicle necklace & earrings, and a light-up clip-in hair piece.
The last item is an Elsa crown. The crown has a silvertone finish with crystalline iridescent jewels. It is on a metal headband with combs for a secure fit.
◦Giveaway starts Sunday, July 27, 2014 and ends at 11:59 pm on Saturday, August 9, 2014
◦This “Frozen In Summer” Wardrobe Giveaway is open to all residents of The United States of America, 18 years of age or older.
◦After verification of entries, the winner will be chosen by Rafflecopter and will be notified by email. Please provide an email address that you check daily, so you don’t miss the winning email!
◦To officially accept the prize the winner must reply by email within 48 hours.
◦Prize will be mailed to the winner by My Pixie Dust Diary.
The following blogs participated in this giveaway:
For our families fall trip to Walt Disney World, I have several goals:
1) Stay at a new resort- Disney’s Art of Animation. We are looking forward to experiencing this new resort. I’ve walked through in the past and love the theming! I think my boys will too- especially the Nemo pool and Cars area.
2) Eat at new restaurants during our trip. I know we’ll try Be Our Guest, Via Napoli, The Plaza, and Hollywood & Vine. I still have time to research other options for us! 🙂
3) Wear FAMILY Halloween costumes to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. I so badly want to dress as a Family for this party. I want all of us to be a character from a Disney Movie… but my husband does NOT dress up, ever. I have to really work hard on this resolution! I also have to decide on a theme that won’t be to ‘baby’ or ‘girly’ for my then 5 year old.
4) Make Magical Memories on our vacation! That goes without saying. Just being at Walt Disney World, with our family, not having the distractions of “real life” make it magical! No work, no bills to pay (at least while we are there!), no schedules (unless we decide to make one) and no pressures. Just fun, family and lots of Pixie Dust!
At home, I have several resolutions or goals as well:
1) Have 2 Disney themed birthday parties- Star Wars and Dumbo. For C-man’s 5th birthday, in a few weeks, we’ll be celebrating in Jedi fashion! I’ve had to learn about Star Wars and do some research for planning this one. In September, we’ll have Big E’s 2nd birthday under the Big Top with a Dumbo theme!
2) Have Disney family movie nights. We have so many Disney movies and we watch them often, but I could do so much more to make them “funner!” I love how others make a night of it- with a movie themed dinner, decorations and activities. That’s what I want to do more of this year!
3) Create more Disney memories at home through crafts, cooking, scrapbooking and the movie nights mentioned above! So many of my Disney blogging friends do a fabulous job of creating Disney magic at home and I want to do that for my boys too! There are so many wonderful Disney things to celebrate at home and I’ve already started adding big dates to my calendar- stay tuned! 🙂
And last, I actually have Disney resolutions and goals for my blog! 1) I hope to move my blog from blogger to WordPress in 2014. I have no idea how to do this, but I have friends! 🙂
2) With the move to WordPress, I plan to update my blog with the theme, background and side bar “stuff.” I want it to be clean, crisp and easy to navigate. I hope that’s not too hard!
3) I want to organize the material and add new content. I hope to have reviews of all of the resorts by the end of the year, begin reviews on all the attractions and offer more information rather than opinion. Whew- I’m tired already just by thinking of this!
4) Last, I need to figure out the best way to use social media to promote my blog and actually do it! I have all the accounts, I think, but I don’t utilize them to the best of my ability. I hope that’ll change.
Overall, it was a fun night, but not what I had planned. Since our Halloween didn’t allow for group pictures, we got dressed up again today and took pictures outside!
From Princesses to Super Heroes, Pirates to Mermaids, Families Can Be Inspired with Wide Selection of Classic and All-New Costumes Featuring Disney, Marvel and Star Wars
Glendale, Calif. (October 2, 2013) – Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is making it easy for consumers to bring home the magic of Disney this Halloween with a wide array of authentic Disney, Marvel and Star Wars character-inspired costumes and more, available now at Disney Store, mass and specialty retailers across the country.
With princess, super heroes and pirates topping the National Retail Federation’s (NRF) list of most popular Halloween costumes for kids, adults and pets1, DCP has something for ghosts and goblins of all ages – even furry friends! For the first time this season, DCP offers costumes from fan-favorites including Sofia the First, Disney’s Planes and Star Wars. From sparkly princess dresses and muscular Super Hero bodysuits to light-up accessories and everything in between, families will find an abundance of choices to express their creativity.
“The rich storytelling of Disney, Marvel and Star Wars resonates with fans young and old, which is one of the reasons our costumes and products are popular year-round,” said Paul Gainer, executive vice president, Disney Retail. “Halloween is an especially fun time for fans as it allows them to bring their favorite characters to life with the quality and authenticity that only Disney can deliver to really make an impactful statement.”
DCP also offers an assortment of products from home décor and collectibles to apparel and better-for-you snacks for consumers looking to celebrate this wickedly fun holiday. For the 72 percent of Americans who reported to NRF that they plan to welcome trick-or-treaters in Halloween’s most popular tradition1, DCP’s snacks offer nutritious and delicious options that will please both kids and parents.
Additionally, to help families get in the Halloween spirit, Disney Store will be hosting Halloween Dress Rehearsals at store locations nationwide on October 18 and 19. Guests are encouraged to come dressed in their favorite Disney or Marvel costume and enjoy crafts, treats and a costume parade. For more details and to find a local Disney Store, visit www.DisneyStore.com/storelocator or call (866) 902-2798.
Available at mass and specialty retailers nationwide, including Toys “R” Us, Target, Walmart, Kmart, Party City, Spirit, JCPenney and others, as well as Disney Store and www.DisneyStore.com, highlights of Disney, Marvel and Star WarsHalloween product collections include:
For Disney Junior Fans
Inspire little ones to let their imaginations run wild and attend the royal academy, fix broken toys or search for treasures with bright, colorful costumes from their favorite Disney Junior series.
- Sofia the First Costume Collection (Disney Store, $12.95 – $44.95): For the first time, this Halloween girls can dress up as the beloved princess-in-training, Sofia the First, in this beautiful purple gown with dazzling embroidered trim and detailing.
- Doc McStuffins Costume (Disney Store, $39.95): With its attached fabric stethoscope, this all-new Doc McStuffins costume is sure to raise the pulse of fans of the popular Disney Junior series.
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates Costume (Retailers nationwide, SRP: $36.99): Let your young pirate set sail in search of treasure dressed as the star of Disney Junior’s Jake and the Never Land Pirates.
For Enchanting Little Ladies
Girls can transform into their favorite Disney Princess character (one of NRF’s top ranked costumes for kids1), a feisty fairy or Anna and Elsa from the upcoming Disney movie Frozen with beautifully embellished costumes that sparkle and shine.
- Ariel Costume Collection (Disney Store, $12.95 – $44.95): Under the sea or on shore, your little mermaid will feel part of a fairy tale world when wearing an Ariel costume from Disney Store. The collection includes a delightfully shimmering dress, dazzling tiara and light-up wand.
- Disney Princess Tutu Costumes (Retailers nationwide, SRP: $59.99): These adorable princess tutu costumes come in a variety of Disney Princess characters, including spirited Ariel, passionate Rapunzel, graceful Aurora and more. Costumes come with a dress featuring a character cameo and a headband.
- Disney’s Frozen Costume Collections (Disney Store, $14.95 – $49.95): Girls will be ready for all-new role play adventures in the Anna and Elsa costume collections inspired by Disney’s Frozen, including glittering costumes, matching shoes and beautiful tiaras.
For Action and Adventure Seekers
Featuring bold graphics and comfortable styles, kids will suit up for action in costumes inspired by their favorite Marvel, Star Wars and Disney’s Planes characters. With action costumes a top category this Halloween according to NRF1, DCP has something for every adventurer at heart.
- Marvel Spider-Man Costume (Retailers nationwide, SRP: $29.99): Transform your young Peter Parker into the legendary web-slinging character with this muscular Spider-Man costume.
- Marvel Iron Man 3 Deluxe Light-Up Costume (Disney Store, $59.95): Your Super Hero will be ready for action in this deluxe padded armor inspired by Tony Stark’s latest design for Iron Man.
- Star Wars Deluxe Snow Trooper Costume (Retailers nationwide, SRP: $54.99): Gear up for deployment in this detailed costume and become an Imperial Stormtrooper specially trained to operate in arctic climates.
- Disney’s Planes Costumes (Retailers nationwide, SRP: $19.99): Kids can join the pit crew of their favoriteDisney’s Planes character in these made-for-comfort jumpsuits and hats featuring Dusty Crophopper and El Chupacabra.
For Wickedly Cute Little Ones
Baby will look monstrously cute dressed in these tiny costumes. Whether shimmering in sweet suits patterned after Disney’s most famous couple, masquerading as a Disney Princess character or reporting to Star Command, hearts will warm at the sight of your little one.
- Disney Baby Prestige Infant Costumes (Retailers nationwide, SRP: $39.99): Introduce your little one to Disney for his or her first Halloween with these Disney character infant costumes featuring snap button closures for quick diaper changes, super soft fabrics and a soft headpiece. Available in everyone’s favorite characters including Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and Mickey Mouse.
- Newborn/Infant Star Wars Costumes (Retailers nationwide, SRP: $19.99 – $24.99): The Force will be with your baby this Halloween in these Star Wars rompers and headpieces featuring characters from Princess Leia to Chewbacca.
- Disney Cuddly™ Costume Bodysuits for Baby (Disney Store, $19.50): Baby will be unstoppable in these cuddly costume bodysuits. Made from soft cotton and featuring Grow-An-Inch-Snaps™, these bodysuits allow for longer lasting wear as little princes and princesses grow up.
For the Family
From baby and siblings to mom and dad, the whole family can experience spooky splendor and recreate their favorite movie moments together with affordable, high-quality costumes.
- Oz Collections (Disney Store, $49.95 – $399.50): Mothers and daughters can bring the magic and mystery of the marvelous Land of Oz to life with matching Wicked Witch and Glinda costumes featuring couture detailing and glittering accents.
- Star Wars Costume Collection (Retailers nationwide, SRP: $19.99 – $64.99): Prepare your family for adventure in a galaxy far, far away with these official Star Wars costumes, complete with headpieces and accessories to channel the Force this season.
- Monsters University Costume Collection (Retailers nationwide, SRP: $39.99 – $69.99): Everyone will have eyes on your family dressed as the famous friends from Disney·Pixar’s Monsters University. Become the talk of the campus with these full-body Mike and Sulley costumes available in kids and adult sizes.
- Marvel Avengers Character Costume Collection (Retailers nationwide, SRP: $29.99 – $69.99): Get the whole family suited up and ready for action with a range of costumes modeled after Marvel Super Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America and Thor.
For Furry Friends
The Star Wars Pet collection, a complete line of collars, leads, apparel and toys, co-designed by Petco and Lucasfilm, are available in all Petco and Unleashed by Petco stores and online at petco.com.
Dog hoodies (Retailers nationwide, SRP: $19.99): Whether your dog is zen like Yoda, hairy like Chewbacca or sleek and breathy like Darth Vader, these Star Wars-inspired hoodies prove the Force is strong with our four-legged friends.
- Headpieces (Retailers nationwide, SRP: $4.99 – $9.99): Yoda ears and Princess Leia buns for pets? It’s a dream come true with these adorable headpieces for dogs and cats that are sure to turn heads and have tongues wagging.
Bewitching Lifestyle Products, Snacks & Apparel
A robust assortment of lifestyle products keeps the spooky spirit of the season brewing, including:
- Assorted Trick-or-Treat Bags (Disney Store, $12.95 each): Complete your little trick-or-treater’s Halloween look with matching goodie bags from Disney Store featuring Sofia the First, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, Disney Princess characters, Minnie Mouse, Spider-Man and more.
- Arm & Hammer® Spinbrush® Spider-Man and The Avengers (Retailers nationwide, SRP: $5.50 each): Keep smiles happy this Halloween season with an assortment of Spider-Man and Avengers Spinbrush® products. Children can team up with their favorite Super Heroes to fight sugar bugs after enjoying trick-or-treat sweets.
- Spooky Time Tabletop Assortment (Retailers nationwide, SRP: $3.99 – $5.99): Bring a festive feel to your home with this spooktacular assortment of tabletop wear, including plate, bowl, fun sip and fun floats tumbler.
For Spooky Story Time
Bringing spooky fun to story time, Disney Publishing offers an assortment of Halloween titles, including Sofia the First: The Halloween Ball, a magical story of everyone’s favorite princess-in-training that comes with a sheet of glittery holographic stickers, and Vampirina Ballerina Hosts a Sleepover, where Vampirina’s friends meet her unconventional family. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Paint and Play, an award-winning 3D coloring book app, gets its own Halloween twist this season. Updates to this app include, a pumpkin carving activity, spooky decorations and sound effects, as well as frightfully fun costumes for Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse that kids can color and bring to life.
About Disney Consumer Products Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that delivers innovative and engaging product experiences across thousands of categories from toys and apparel to books and fine art. As the world’s largest licensor, DCP inspires the imaginations of people around the world by bringing the magic of Disney into consumers’ homes with products they can enjoy year-round. DCP is comprised of three business units: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around five strategic brand priorities: Disney Media, Classics & Entertainment, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Disney Fairies, Lucasfilm and Marvel. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world’s largest publisher of children’s books, magazines, and digital products and also includes an English language learning business, consisting of over 40 Disney English learning centers across China and a supplemental learning book program. DPW’s growing library of digital products includes best-selling eBook titles and original apps that leverage Disney content in innovative ways. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe and Japan with more than 350 stores worldwide and is known for providing consumers with high-quality, unique products. Disney’s official shopping portals online arewww.DisneyStore.com and www.DisneyStore.co.uk. For more information, please visit Disney Consumer Productswww.DisneyConsumerProducts.com or follow us at www.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving,www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving, www.Twitter.com/DisneyLiving and www.Pinterest.com/DisneyLiving.
About Disney Store The Disney Store retail chain, which debuted in 1987, is owned and operated by Disney in North America, Europe, and Japan. Disney Store is the retail merchandising arm of Disney Consumer Products, the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) and its affiliates that extends the Disney brand to merchandise. Disney Store carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters. Disney Store opened its first store in Glendale, California and, in doing so, originated the themed retail business model. There are currently more than 200 Disney Store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney Store locations in Japan; and more than 100 Disney Store locations in Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom , plus online stores www.DisneyStore.com,www.disneystore.co.uk, www.disneystore.fr and www.disneystore.de. Each Disney Store location offers a magical shopping experience that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. For more information, please visit www.disneyconsumerproducts.com/press/us/disneystore or follow us atwww.facebook.com/DisneyStore and www.twitter.com/DisneyStore.
About Marvel Entertainment, LLC Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information, visit marvel.com.
About Lucasfilm Ltd.Lucasfilm Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company’s activities include visual effects and audio post-production, cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONESfranchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
Lucasfilm, the Lucasfilm logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. TM & © 2013 Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.