Mickey’s PhilharMagic is located in Fantasyland right after you pass through Cinderella Castle on the left side. This attraction opened in October of 2003. PhilharMagic is in the same building as Peter Pan’s Flight. Before housing PhilharMagic, this venue was home to the Mickey Mouse Revue, Magic Journeys, and most recently Legend of the Lion King.
This attraction is a 12 minute long 3D 4D movie that seats 494 guests. While you do wear 3D glasses to watch this 3D movie, it’s 4D because at various times during the show you use other senses as well as you may smell scents, feel water splash on you, or feel a gust of wind. I don’t feel that any of the special effects are too intense for children. This is definitely an attraction that can be enjoyed by the entire family.
The premise of the show is that Mickey was getting ready for a concert he is to conduct. During the rush of getting everything ready, Donald takes the baton and Mickey’s Sorcerer Hat and things quickly get out of hand. Donald is whirled into several famous scenes from Disney movies where you can enjoy the following songs:
- “Be Our Guest” from Beauty and the Beast
- “Part of Your World” from The Little Mermaid
- “I Just Can’t Wait To Be King” from The Lion King
- “You Can Fly” from Peter Pan
- “A Whole New World” from Aladdin
TIPS & TRIVIA
- Fastpass+ is offered for this attraction. However, I have never needed it. The average wait for this is 15 minutes. Since it seats so many, you rarely wait long.
- When you are in the lobby for this attraction, the doors on the right go to the back of the theatre and the left doors go to the front. Try to go left and get in the first few rows for the best experience.
- If your child does not enjoy this 3D experience, try taking the glasses off your child. Some children do not like things coming at them from the screen.
- During this show, Ariel “throws” gems into the crowd. If you want to blow your little ones minds, purchase some plastic pirate gemstones from Amazon prior to your trip. After the show look down and “find” some of the gems Ariel threw!
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic was the first time that the classic Disney characters were modeled and animated on computer.
- “Mickey’s PhilharMagic” is home to the largest seamless projection screen in the world. The screen measures 150 feet long and 28 feet high.
- Guests may remain in their wheelchairs and ECVs. You will also find an Assistive Listening System, Audio Description, and Reflective Captioning for guests needing these services.