Lady and the Tramp was movie #16 in our Disney Movie Resolution for this year. This movie was released on June 22, 1955. This is one of those movies where I can’t always remember the details until I’m watching it. Then I’m immediately reminded of how much I enjoy it! I also can’t ever eat spaghetti without thinking of this classic scene from the movie:
For our family movie night we obviously ate spaghetti for dinner. We actually used my great grandmother’s recipe from Italy. For dessert, we also had “spaghetti” in the form of a cupcake.
These cupcakes were actually really easy to make. Our family likes chocolate cupcakes better than yellow, but yellow cupcakes would actually “look” better than chocolate. These are the ingredients you’ll need:
- box of cupcake mix and necessary ingredients to make cupcakes
- canned vanilla icing
- yellow food coloring
- Ferrero Rocher hazelnut chocolates unwrapped
- strawberry preserves
- Make the cupcakes as directed on the box and let cool.
- Tint the vanilla frosting yellow and use a small icing tip to pipe the icing “noodles” on the cupcake. If you don’t have icing tips you can put the icing in a ziplock bag and snip the corner of the bag off to make a small opening.
- “Roll” the unwrapped chocolates in a bowl of strawberry preserves until coated. Place one chocolate “meatball” on each cupcake and drizzle remaining preserves over the top of the cupcake for sauce. If you’re having a hard time getting the preserves to drizzle, try heating it for a few second in the microwave to make it thinner.
One thing I didn’t think of until after the fact was to grate white chocolate on top to represent parmesan cheese.
Disney Movies web site has great ideas for additional activities, recipes, crafts, and more for your family.
What’s your favorite part of Lady and the Tramp?