The Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square at Walt Disney World opened on October 1, 1971. This phenomenal attractions features all 43 of the Presidents of the United States of America sharing the history of our country. This building is modeled after Independence Hall in Philadelphia. Prior to entering the show, you will have an opportunity to view several unique artifacts from past presidents. In the main theatre, you will find three massive screens that show a film of the history of our country including wars, presidential speeches, and historical events that helped shape our country. After the film, the screen will rise and all 43 presidents in audio-animatronic form will be introduced. This is an incredible sight for me! Presidents George Washington and Barack Obama give speeches about the American Dream. Abraham Lincoln delivers his Gettysburg Address.
This attraction was a spin off of Walt Disney’s “Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln” that debuted in the 1964 World’s Fair. It is a 20-25 minute show that runs every half hour. Adults and teenagers will appreciate this attraction more than children. Most children find this boring! However, it is a great time to get the kids inside the air conditioning for a power nap!
- Yes, Obama is the 44th president. There are only 43 in the Hall of Presidents because Grover Cleveland served 2 terms as the 22nd and 24th president.
- This attraction is wheelchair/ ECV accessible. Assistive Listening Devices and Reflective Captioning are available. See a cast member for assistance.
- There is not a FastPass+ option for this attraction. You shouldn’t have to wait more than 15 minutes though.
- “James” is a cast member who works at Hall of Presidents. He is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to Presidents of the US. Try to find him prior to the show and see if you can learn something!
- When a new president is elected, every 4 or 8 years, this show will be updated to reflect the newest president. If your trip is planned after a new president is elected, check to see if this attraction will be open.
- Inside the rotunda, you will find an authentic Great Seal of the United States on the rug. The only other one is found in the White House. It took a vote from Congress to get this to Walt Disney World. It is otherwise only seen in the White House.