Archives for July 2014
There are several things I love in life: my God, my family, my friends, my church, Disney, and Auburn University~ to name a few. Recently I was contacted by Fanatics about creating a blog post featuring photos of my kids cheering our our favorite team. When I spent some time on the Fanatics web site I was thrilled to find so many Auburn items! They had perfect items for a day of tailgating and items to use everyday around the house. My son LOVED the Angry Birds dressed as Auburn fans! I had hoped to find Mickey Mouse in Auburn attire after I was so surprised to find my favorite mouse wearing NFL attire on pillows, blankets and t-shirts. Maybe I’ll make a request! 🙂
Even though this is primarily a Disney blog, I’m happy to share my love of Auburn University with you… along with my Future Fanatics! Enjoy our photo tour.
Auburn University is located in Auburn, Alabama, about 2 hours southwest of Atlanta, GA.
Along with meeting Aubie, we like meeting band members, majorettes and Tiger Paws (dance team) prior to football games!
Obviously, our family of three boys loves Disney! We love the parks, the movies, the clothes and the toys. In a world where Frozen is all around, it’s nice to see something for boys show up! Disney Consumer Products recently debuted a new line of products for the upcoming release of Disney’s Planes: Fire & Rescue. We are so excited about this movie and I feel certain at least one of these products will make it’s way into our home in the near future!
To tweet this release, copy and paste http://bit.ly/PlanesFireAndRescueProducts to your twitter handle with the hashtag #FireAndRescue
Glendale, Calif. (July 8, 2014) — Disney Consumer Products (DCP) debuted a dynamic line of products to celebrate the premiere of the high flying comedy-adventure Disney’s Planes: Fire & Rescue, in theaters July 18. The action-packed sequel to Disney’s Planes has inspired a robust lineup of diecast, remote control and interactive toys, apparel, accessories, books and more from Disney Store and best-in-class licensees including Mattel, Thinkway, and more. From infrared controls that bring rescue vehicles to life with sound effects and signature phrases to motion-activated RC toys, the collection allows heroes-in-training to immerse themselves in the action while recreating iconic moments in the film.
“Disney Consumer Products’ Planes: Fire & Rescue product line offers endless opportunities for vehicle play and introduces a new rescue play pattern that celebrates the teamwork and heroism in the film,” said Josh Silverman, executive vice president of global licensing, Disney Consumer Products. “With interactive toys that help knock down fire targets and play sets where Dusty can ‘put out fires,’ Planes fans of all ages can be the heroes in their own stories.”
Disney’s Planes: Fire & Rescue products are available now at retailers nationwide, Disney Store and DisneyStore.com.
Highlights from the product line include:
Interactive Play & Diecast
- Planes: Fire & Rescue Fire Blastin’ Dusty by Mattel (MSRP: $49.99): Kids can help world famous air racer Dusty Crophopper save the day and put out the blaze by scooping up “water” balls and launching them at “fire” targets to take them out. “Smart Sounds” technology recognizes Dusty’s left and right position and when he’s shooting the water balls, and he emits action sounds and phrases from the movie to enhance the excitement.
- U-Command Fire & Rescue Blade Ranger by Thinkway (MSRP: $59.99): The infrared deluxe RC helicopter features Blade Ranger’s voice and phrases from the film with movable eyes, mouth and propeller that creates engine sounds and flight effects! Control Blade Ranger’s movements with the joysticks on the wireless remote or use the control buttons to maneuver forward, reverse, left or right.
- Fire Rescue Attack Launcher by Disney Store ($19.95): Playtime will take flight with the Fire Rescue Attack Launcher! Place the plane in the runway groove and pull back the spring-loader to activate lights and sounds. Squeeze the trigger and launch Dusty, Lil’ Dipper or Cabbie up to 15 feet in the air.
- Planes: Fire & Rescue Deluxe Die Cast by Disney Store ($19.95): Blade Ranger, Windlifter and Muir will heat up the action as fans recreate their favorite scenes from Disney’s latest aeronautical adventure, Planes: Fire & Rescue, with these detailed deluxe diecast vehicles.
Mobile Rescue Gear & Apparel
- Disney’s Planes: Fire & Rescue Dusty-Mobo Tot by Mobo Cruiser (MSRP: $149.99): This Dusty version of the Mobo Tot is an elite ergonomically-designed cruiser for children ages 2-5 that stimulates imagination and promotes outdoor fun.
- Planes: Fire & Rescue Scooter by Huffy (MSRP $19.99): Race to your next adventure in this Planes: Fire & Rescue folding scooter! The orange aluminum scooter deck is fully wrapped with a grip tape and printed with a scene from the new comedy-adventure film!
- Planes: Fire & Rescue Bomber Jacket & Aviator Hat by Disney Store ($49.95, $14.95): The soft faux shearling lining of the Planes: Fire & Rescue bomber jacket and aviator hat will keep your little flier snug and stylish whether soaring off to school, piloting to a play date or practicing Dusty’s heroic maneuvers.
- Planes: Fire & Rescue Backpack and Lunch Tote by Disney Store ($22.95-14.95): Dusty leads the way as he appears to fly right out of this Planes: Fire & Rescue backpack and lunch tote that has storage space for all your pilot’s cargo. Lenticular artwork features Pontoon Dusty, followed by Blade Ranger, Windlifter, and Cabbie.
Stories for Little Aviators
- Planes: Fire & Rescue Read-Along Storybook & CD by Disney Press (MSRP: $6.99): Follow the thrilling adventures of Dusty Crophopper and all his pals in this exciting read-along. Complete with music, sound effects, and character voices, kids will love this new high-flying story.
- Planes: Fire & Rescue App by Disney Publishing Worldwide (Free with in-app purchase): Join the adventure in this interactive retelling of the all-new feature film! Fans can read-along with this interactive story, filled with tappables and fun-filled games. Whether readers are fighting fires with Mayday, training with Dusty, or smoke jumping with the team, they will learn what it takes to become a real hero.
About Disney’s Planes: Fire & Rescue
Set to release July 18th, 2014, Disney’s Planes: Fire & Rescue features a quirky crew of elite firefighting aircraft devoted to protecting historic Piston Peak National Park from a raging wildfire. When world famous air racer Dusty (voice of Dane Cook) learns that his engine is damaged and he may never race again, he must shift gears and is launched into the world of wildfire air attack. Dusty joins forces with veteran fire and rescue helicopter Blade Ranger and his courageous air attack team, including spirited air tanker Lil’ Dipper (voice of Julie Bowen), heavy-lift helicopter Windlifter, ex-military transport Cabbie and a lively bunch of brave all-terrain vehicles known as The Smokejumpers. Together, the fearless team battles a massive wildfire, and Dusty learns what it takes to become a true hero.
About Disney Consumer Products Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that delivers innovative and engaging product experiences across thousands of categories from toys and apparel to books and fine art. As the world’s largest licensor, DCP inspires the imaginations of people around the world by bringing the magic of Disney into consumers’ homes with products they can enjoy year-round. DCP is comprised of three business units: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around five strategic brand priorities: Disney Media, Classics & Entertainment, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Disney Fairies, Lucasfilm and Marvel. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world’s largest publisher of children’s books, magazines, and digital products and also includes an English language learning business, consisting of over 40 Disney English learning centers across China and a supplemental learning book program. DPW’s growing library of digital products includes best-selling eBook titles and original apps that leverage Disney content in innovative ways. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe and Japan with more than 350 stores worldwide and is known for providing consumers with high-quality, unique products. Disney’s official shopping portals online are www.DisneyStore.com and www.DisneyStore.co.uk. For more information, please visit Disney Consumer Products www.DisneyConsumerProducts.com or follow us at www.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving, www.Facebook.com/DisneyLiving,www.Twitter.com/DisneyLiving and www.Pinterest.com/DisneyLiving andwww.Instagram.com/DisneyLiving.
Some of the best chocolate I’ve had is Ghirardelli. One of the best desserts I’ve had at Walt Disney World is the Hot Fudge Sundae- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream with homemade hot fudge, whipped cream, chopped almonds and a cherry. You can get it in a waffle bowl or a glass dish. Delicious. Sadly, that was not free!
What is FREE at the Ghirardelli Shop at Downtown Disney is the chocolate squares! Visit the Chocolate Shop side of the building and you’ll get a free sample of chocolate. This is a must each time we visit Downtown Disney! 🙂
Welcome to those of you joining me from Frontierland Station and those of you just hopping aboard. I am the 2nd stop on our Magical Blogorail.
Each time I go to Walt Disney World I spend quite a bit of time planning what we will wear. Will we wear matching shirts or matching colors? Will we wear whatever we want? Will we at least wear a shirt with a Disney theme or character? I ask myself all these questions and more!
When the topic “Celebrating America at Disney” was chosen for this month’s loop, I immediately thought about what I would wear to the parks if I were to celebrate America’s birthday at Walt Disney World! My first task was to do a google search. I was able to find more than I thought for my family!
|images from The Ranch Boutique and Clean Cut Studio|
|images from The Disney Store|
|All from Kohl’s: Minnie tank, Minnie for girls and flag tank|
|images from Amazon, Kohl’s and Target|
|images from Ebay– search for
Disney Patriotic Trading Pins
After I was able to find all these great American/ Patriotic items to wear in the parks for July 4th, I decided we should make our own Americana Disney shirts! You can find the directions to tie dye your own Mickey Mouse shirt here. Stay tuned for photos from our July 4th celebration in our matching shirts! 🙂
Charlotte, NC- For release on July 1, 2014. -If you have ever used a Magic Band wristband at Disney, you know that feeling in your stomach when your account bill arrives; dread. Magic Band Budget app is designed to keep the fun in your Disney vacation!
Magic Band Budget is the first iPhone app of its kind dedicated to help Disney guests save money while at Disney World or Disneyland. This innovative budgeting app helps you track your spending, keeps you aware and in control of your Magic Band account balance, and also includes many other helpful features for guests.
Disney’s Magic Band technology is great, it offers the convenience of paying for purchases with a wristband; however spending can get out of control quickly because it’s so easy and fun to use. Track and budget your Magic Band account with Magic Band Budget app, so you know the exact total you owe at the end of your trip. You will also be able to double check you bill for accuracy, because mistakes do happen.
Magic Band Budget app features:
· Keep track of spending with our easy expense tracker. Create custom categories and either enter a quick costs or detailed descriptions including dates and pictures of receipts.
· Create a personalized budget with helpful graphs to show you how much money you have left to spend.
· Countdown clock with customizable text and Facebook integration to get you excited about how much time is left until your Disney trip!
· Adjustable animated monorails; choose from 12 Disney World Mark VI monorail colors or 3 Disneyland Mark VII colors.
· Over 45 money saving tips and tricks to use before and while you are at the park.
· Helpful vacation savings tracker with goal and graph to help you keep an eye on your Disney vacation fund.
Magic Band Budget works independently from your cell network so you will always have access; even when not connected to the internet.
Iphone app, Magic Band Budget, will be released July 1st, 2014 and can be purchased via the iTunes store for use with iPhone and iPod touch for $2.99 https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/magic-band-budget-my-disney/id887423935?ls=1&mt=8.
For more information please visit www.MagicBandBudget.com or by email at Support@MagicBandBudget.com.