Archives for April 2013
Did you know the Pizza Planet Truck, that is present in all three Toy Story movies, has made a cameo in almost every Pixar film? Here are a few examples:
- In Finding Nemo, the truck can be seen whizzing by when Gill in planning the escape from the dentist’s office.
- In Ratatouille, the Pizza Planet Truck can be seen on a bridge over the Seine during the scene in which Skinner is chasing Remy.
- In Cars, it can be found at the Los Angeles International Speedway at the title deciding race.
- In Up, it can be seen at the end of the movie, in the parking lot, behind the curb where Russell and Carl are sitting.
- In Brave, the truck is a wooden trinket on a worktable in the Witch’s cottage
I have many “go to” or “must have” web sites when planning my Walt Disney World vacations. I could literally spend ALL day bouncing from Disney web site to web site reading about trip reports, restaurant reviews, Disney news, saving strategies, tricks and tips, crafts and more.
Here are just a few of my favorite, Must Have, Disney web sites, in no particular order:
- The Magical Blogorail. This is a group of Disney bloggers who join together to share thoughts on a specific Disney topic. When they aren’t participating in a Blogorail Loop, they all have fabulous blogs all sharing their unique love of Disney.
- Disney Parks Blog (and all of Disney’s Site) This is really a no brainer! If anyone loves Disney, they are most likely familiar with the Disney web site. The Disney Parks Blog has great info about the history of Disney, food, attractions, current happenings, special events and more.
- Your First Visit While this is written for the first time WDW visitor, I still visit this site when planning my trips! He has fabulous information about park crowds, when to visit, where to stay, how long to stay and more. I suggest this site to anyone going for a first or ninety-first visit!
- Walt Disney World News Exactly what the site’s name says- WDW News. You can learn all types of things about Walt Disney World travel, parks, vacation planning, upcoming events, facts, videos, photos and more.
- The Mouse For Less This site is full of great news and information about WDW, Disneyland, Disney Cruises and special savings.
- All Ears All Ears is one of my go to sites! She has great info about Disney past and present. Recipes, travel reports, hotel information, planning and so much more.
- MouseSavers This site offers amazing ways to save money on planning your Disney vacations. If you want to take a Disney vacation without spending a ton of money, this is your site!
- WDWMagic You can find Walt Disney World news, info, videos, photos, reviews and even join in on discussions on the forums.
- Easy WDW This is a another planning site to help you with your vacation. You can find information about when to go, where to stay and crowds.
Check out my recent post over at Chip and Company on staying safe at the hotels and parks at Walt Disney World!
The year was 2005. Animal Kingdom was 7 years old…
You can read more about this year and the events from Animal Kingdom in 2005 at :DisTherapy.
|Lucky the Dinosaur
image from disneyparks.disney.go.com
While I have not been so lucky in years past, I will pass on a tip that may help you save for a Disney trip! When you are at Walt Disney World, sign up for the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) presentation. If you choose to attend the roughly 3 hour presentation, you will learn about DVC, meet with a sales associate, see the DVC property, and gain information about the pricing- plus transportation to and from the presentation is provided. You’ll also get free ice cream at the end. While the ice cream is a good treat, there have been other incentives in the past to get people to the presentation. Those incentives have included free Fastpasses to attractions or Disney Gift Cards!
When you arrive at your WDW resort, ask the DVC cast member if there are any incentives for seeing the presentation and taking the tour. You never know… you may earn a $100 Disney Gift Card to be used on the current trip or to be saved for a future trip!
On our last trip to Walt Disney World, we struggled to find a souvenir for our oldest son. He was almost 12 and “too cool” for many of the surprises we were taking back for the little boys (t-shirts, stuffed animals, toys, etc.). So we decided that some of our favorite Disney snacks would be the best thing to take home for him. While we couldn’t take a Dole Whip or Mickey Premium Bar home, we were able to take several great Disney snacks back home.
Here are a few suggestions of great snacks to take home to loved ones… or for a little bit of Disney Magic for yourself once you return home! 🙂
- Churros from Downtown Disney kiosk
- Mickey Caramel Apple from Main Street Confectionary
- Popcorn in a Main Street bucket
- Caramel Corn from Germany
- Fudge from Goofy’s Candy Co.
- Rice Krispy Treat from Main Street Confectionary