Check out the Tips and Tricks for Flying to Walt Disney World I shared on Chip & Company this week!
Archives for November 2012
Welcome to the first stop aboard Magical Blogorail Green. Enjoy the ride as we share what we are most thankful for at Disney Resorts.
When I think about Disney, there are so many things I’m thankful for! One thing I’m most thankful for is the friends I’ve made through my love for Disney. This group, The Magical Blogorail, has almost become second family to me and I’m so thankful for the love and support they have shown me over the past few years. But, this post isn’t about friends, it’s about Disney resorts so… on with the post!
One of the many things I’m thankful for at Disney Resorts, whether that is Walt Disney World or Disneyland (I’ve never been to the others) is how they take care of their guests. Disney does an OUTSTANDING job looking out for people with physical and mental limitations, people with food issues and people in unique situations. I have several friends who even write blogs solely devoted to traveling to Disney in wheelchairs, traveling with autistic children or special needs children and traveling with members who need special diets- gluten free, dairy free, nut free, etc. It always makes me smile to know that Disney has taken care of these guests and I’m thankful for that.
I’m also thankful for the fact that Disney is always changing. While I do miss several of the attractions of days gone by, I’m always looking forward to what is next. Of all the trips I’ve made to Walt Disney World, no two have ever been alike due to new attractions, new restaurants, new resorts, special events, new races, etc. There is always something new on the horizon at Disney and I’m thankful for that.
Having a place where my family can visit and not worry about all the things we’ve left behind is another reason I’m thankful for Disney. When we set foot on Disney property we know we are in our happy place and things in the outside world seem to disappear. When we travel to other places, that doesn’t happen. I’m not sure why this happens at Disney, but it does and I’m thankful.
The last thing I’m thankful for is Disney memories. The memories I have over the years from Disney vacations top almost all of my other family vacation memories. Maybe it’s because we’ve been so many times. Maybe it’s just because Disney is THAT good at making memories! Either way, I’m very thankful for the memories I have.
If you’re curious what the rest of my family is thankful for at Disney, you can read about my husband here, my middle son here and the oldest & youngest boys here! What are you thankful for? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!
Welcome to those of you joining me from My Dreams of Disney and those of you just hopping aboard. I am the final stop on our Magical Blogorail.
8. Keep your eyes open at drugstores, grocery stores and “big box” stores for Disney themed gifts, trinkets and goodies. These are excellent for travel, waiting in lines and gifts left on the beds each day. It also helps us not spend as much in the parks on souvenirs- and it’s much cheaper! 🙂
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Loop should you happen to have tomake a stop along the way and want to reboard:
Recently I was given the opportunity to download and review “My Memories Suite” digital scrapbooking software. I’m still very new to the whole digital scrapbooking thing. Once I downloaded the software, I had to play around with it before I figured out the basics. While I was using the scrapbook software, I was able to see all the different options there are! If I had the time, I could spend hours creating all sorts of Christmas gifts for friends and family: calendars, gift tags, photo albums, photo collages, recipe cards and more! I look forward to creating more with this new software.
The first “creation” I made was a photo page of my recent trip to Epcot at Walt Disney World. I know this is very basic and not real fancy, but I was able to add all the elements I wanted at this point: the location, date, a journal entry and photos. It was very easy for me to change the font, size and color. I was also able to add and crop the photos I wanted without any problems. What excited me the most was finding a few kits on the My Memories web site that reminded me of Disney! I was able to download Main Street Magic to remind me of Magic Kingdom and Howdy Partner for my son’s 4 year old “Woody” Birthday Party.
If you are interested entering to win your own scrapbooking software from My Memories Suite, please follow the rafflecopter form below. Good Luck!
- Last Sunday, I shared three reasons you should use Garden Grocer on your next WDW vacation! Really, you should use them to provide your snacks and food for your trips.
- The Ashton-Drake Galleries has some adorable Disney Princess Dolls that would make a great Christmas gift for any doll collector. See what they have to offer!
- I finally caught up on my Destination Disney quotes on Monday! I shared some thoughts on a quote from Sebastian about children.
- Tuesday brought us Tiggerific Tuesday Trivia! I found some great Thanksgiving Trivia for this week!
- Paul from babystations.com provided a guest post that shared some great information on Things to do in Disney World with a Baby. See if your ideas made the list!
- For Wordless Wednesday, I found an old photo of the Mickey Mouse balloon in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Love it!
- Thursday was Thanksgiving Day. I linked up with Heidi with a Destination Disney quote and then realized I did the wrong quote. 🙁 oh well! I also shared what dad is thankful for at WDW.