|image from disneydreaming.com|
With New Year’s Eve fast approaching, I scoured the internet looking for all the events/ activities going on at the Walt Disney World Parks on December 31, 2011. You can find those details at the end of this post. Before you get to that information, I’m sharing some thoughts on surviving New Year’s Eve at WDW! I’ve been able to spend 2 New Year’s Eve nights at WDW- one at the Magic Kingdom and 1 at then MGM Studios. Here are a few tips to help you out:
1- Decide on the park you want to visit on December 31 and plan to stay the whole day at that park! Arrive early to ensure you get in before they reach capacity. Do not plan on park hopping, even if you have that option on your ticket.
2- Yes, if you are staying on property you are guaranteed entry into a park- but it may not be your first choice park. Look back at tip 1- arrive early to get into your park of choice!
3- When you decide on the park where you will spend New Year’s Eve, make dining reservations for that park. If you have reservations at another park and plan on “hopping over” to make your dining plan, you will not be allowed in (even with reservations) if the park is at capacity.
5- Don’t get discouraged if you don’t get to ride, see, do and eat all you want to on New Year’s Eve. With the crowds, it’ll be impossible to do it all. That’s the beauty of “next time!”
6- Pack for all types of weather. Dress in or bring layers and rain gear. You can always rent a locker (do this early on before they run out) to stash the things you don’t need.
7- There will be special events and entertainment throughout the day on NYE. Get a Times Guide along with a park map when you enter. Check out http://wdwent.com/ before you get to the parks to see what extra entertainment will be going on!
Park Hours and Events 12/31/11:
Magic Kingdom- 8am-2am
- “Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it!” parade and street party (11:00, 12:30 & 5:30)
- “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade”(12:00 & 3:30)
- “SpectroMagic” parade of lights and music (7:00 & 10:30)
- “Holiday Wishes” Fireworks (8:30)
- “Fantasy in the Sky” Fireworks (11:51)
- “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” (7:00 &11:42)
- “Fantasmic!” (6:30 & 8:00)
- “Mulch, Sweat, and Shears” band performance back to back with a DJ at Mickey’s Sorcerer Hat. (DJ starting at 6:30) (“Mulch, Sweat, and Shears” 8:00, 9:00, 10:00 & 11:00)
- “Lights, Camera, Happy New Year” fireworks show with “Mulch, Sweat, and Shears” (11:55)