Archives for June 2011
Did you know each park at Walt Disney World has a tip board that can tell you the wait times for the popular attractions, parade times and show times? Well, they do! These boards also tell you if attractions are closed, when and where street performers will perform, park hour changes and firework times.
You can find the tip board at the Magic Kingdom on the left side of Main Street as you approach the castle. Look for it as soon as you pass Casey’s!
Because of the size of Epcot, you can find three different tip boards all in Future World. The first one is past Spaceship Earth (coming from the park entrance) before you get to the Fountain of Nations. The second one is in the Future World West plaza and the third is in Future World East on the way to MIssion:Space. (If they are going to have three, they could at least share the love with World Showcase!)
At Hollywood Studios, you can find the tip board where Sunset Boulevard and Hollywood Boulevard intersect.
At Animal Kingdom, the tip board is on Discovery Island after you cross the bridge from the Oasis. Look to the right before you get to the Tree of LIfe.
If you can’t find any of these tip boards, check your park map (the map should be labeled with a black T) or ask a cast member!
I love Figment and my heart was broken when they changed Journey into Imagination several years ago. I LOVED the original version of this attraction, but that’s a different post! I was lucky enough to meet Figment during my trip to Epcot during February of 2005. There was a small room outside the “jumping water” and Honey I Shrunk the Audience theater where he was waiting for me! I just wish I could meet Dreamfinder still. 🙁
Disney Bird is hosting a new Blog Hop today… Something About Me Saturday. All of you know I LOVE Disney. Obviously, or I wouldn’t have this blog. But other than that, my readers don’t know a whole lot about me and my family. So I’m going to take advantage of Bird’s blog hop to share a list of 20 my favorite things, hidden “talents” and facts about me!
- I hate to shop. I don’t mind grocery shopping when I have coupons, but I hate to go to the mall and shop for clothes, shoes, bags, etc.
- My favorite TV show of all time is Friends!
- I’ve been watching Days of our Lives (on and off, when my schedule allows) since Bo and Hope got married in 1985.
- I love to sleep and can pretty much sleep anywhere. I’ve slept during an SEC college football game against Alabama and Arkansas, I always sleep on airplanes, and I often sleep through Ellen’s Universe of Energy!
- I’ve only owned 1 dog in my life, Maggie. She is now 11 1/2. It makes me sad to think about how old she is. I’ve owned 6 cats and will most likely never own another one.
- I hate cheese- all kinds. I will occasionally eat cheese on a pizza, but if they can make it without it, that’s what I choose.
- I like to run, but I’m getting too old to do it like I’d like too! My knees and ankles can’t handle the pounding like they once could. I did manage to “run” the WDW full (2003) and half (2008) marathons.
- I was a cheerleader in middle and high school. I still love watching the cheerleaders at games and in competitions on ESPN!
- I love everything there is to love about Auburn University!
- I’m a Boston Red Sox fan and if I had to choose, I’d be a Boston Celtics fan and Pittsburg Steelers fan. I’m a Sox fan on my own, but I pull for the Celtics and Steelers for my husband. I know nothing about hockey, but I’d pull for the Bruins, just because I love Beth Doda! 🙂
- My favorite movie is Grease. The Little Mermaid is my favorite cartoon movie.
- I love Broadway and theatre! RENT is my favorite show- I’ve seen it twice in NYC, once in Atlanta, once in Huntsville and once in Birmingham. I also own the movie and all 3 soundtracks. The show poster hangs in my bathroom.
- Avenue Q is my second favorite Broadway show.
- I can burp like a man- even when I’m not drinking beer.
- Speaking of, I only like domestic, light beer- straight out of the bottle. And I usually only drink a 6 pack in a year!
- I can eat my weight in chocolate- especially Cadbury Cream Eggs at Easter!
- I have a crazy collection of squished pennies from around the world. This obsession started at Epcot! 🙂
- I love my job as a youth minister and I love all my youth like they were my own kids!
- I’m the luckiest girl in the world. My boys are great kids and my husband is the best in the universe!
- Today is my 37th birthday! 🙂
|My dad, in the wheelchair, with my brother’s (left) and friend, Heath (right).|
|My wonderful husband, Jonathan.|
There really aren’t enough words in the English language to express my feelings towards these two men. Obviously, I love them both and will never be able to share how I feel adequately enough in this lifetime. My daddy was a part of all my Disney memories growing up and I look forward to the day we can share Disney together again, this time together with my son, his grandson.
The newest favorite daddy in my life is my husband, Jonathan. He became the daddy to my baby boy in January of 2009. He is a wonderful daddy to our son and my step son. I will never, ever be able to tell him or show him how much I love him. I just have to keep telling and showing him each day and hope he understands how deep my love is.
We took JAG, my step son, to WDW for the first time in 2006 before we were married. We took him again in 2008 and Disneyland in 2010. We were able to take our son, C-man, and JAG to WDW together in December of 2010. What an awesome experience and amazing memories!! Jonathan has been very accepting of my Disney obsession and I’ll never be able to thank him enough for the vacations we’ve made to my happy place! While he doesn’t quite understand it, he tries.
Recently, he told me I was addicted to Disney and needed to go into rehab. He said I couldn’t go a week without my blog, reading other blogs, Disney tweets or Disney facebook pages. I disagreed. Then he upped, or “plussed” it and said I could’t go a month. I told him I could, but I would have to schedule my #FF tweets for Magical Blogorail and would have to publish my monthly post for the blogorail and his response was, see you can’t go a month. His next statement was… if you could go a month without those things I’ll take you to Walt Disney World. I asked when it started and he said he had to think about the “rules.” I’m still waiting on these said rules… I’ll keep you posted!!
Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads in my life- whether you are a Disney Dad or not! 🙂
|Daddy and C-man in line for Jungle Cruise|
|Mommy on Winnie the Pooh.|
|JAG also on Winnie the Pooh!|
|C-man waiting on JAG to get a silhouette made.|
It’s always nice to have a family you can truly be yourself with! 🙂